The Cass City Board of Education believes in and is committed to the philosophy of a Community School. It is the belief of the Board that the school exists for the dual purpose of serving the youth and adults in the community and should be available to the members of the community for educational and civic enterprises. With this philosophy in mind, the following rates of charge have been adopted by the Board. These rates cover only the additional operating costs that are incurred by the respective groups using the school facilities.
Notices and Regulations
Cass City Public Schools cannot guarantee the availability of any of the school facilities for public use. No flat rate refunds will be given once they are paid.
- The estimated fees listed on the Building Use Request are just that, an estimate. The fees may change to reflect actual use and clean up time of the facilities.
- The District reserves the right to request a payment of estimated fees in advance.
- The District expects the facilities and grounds to be left in the condition in which they were found. Users must take reasonable steps to ensure orderly behavior and will be responsible for paying for all damage associated with their use of the facility or equipment.
- The user shall be fully responsible for all loss or damage to District property, including the property of students and employees.
- Requests for District-owned equipment are not included in the fee schedule and will be charged according to the request and type of equipment.
- Any decorations must be approved prior to the event by the Superintendent or Building Principal. Candles and any open flames are not permitted
- Alcoholic beverges and /or controlled substances are not permitted on any District property at any time.
- All District facilities and grounds are smoke-free. Smoking is not allowed inside or outside any of the buildings.
- Use of any of the Districts gymnasiums may require the floors to have a protective tarp applied to the surface. Additional time required to tarp the floors by the custodial staff will be charged back to the user.
- Users agree to be responsible for any accidents or injuries sustained by any person attending or participating in the program or activity for which you are representing.
- Cancellation of events must be made at least 24 hours prior to the use of the facilities or the District reserves the right to charge for staffing expenses incurred.
- A food service employee is required anytime the kitchen is rented. This emplyee is not required to cook or clean for you event. They are serving as supervision in the kitchen.
- There must be a school custodian on duty whenever the facilities are in use, including setting up prior to and cleaning up after the activity. Events that require additional personnel or overtime will be charged accordinig to the rate schedule.
There will be no charge for student activities or school affiliated groups (such as Boosters and PTO) unless additional personnel or overtime is required.
Non-profit and civic groups that offer a benefit or service to our students may use the facilities for the following fees:
$50 per year for classroom use only - up to 4 classrooms per visit and no more than 20 visits per year.
$100 per year for gymnasium and/or cafeteria use - up to 4 visits and no more that 20 hours per year.
Per Use / Per Hour:
$5 per hour per classroom.
$12 per hour for use of the gymnasium or cafeteria.
Colleges, Universities and any group that does not fall into one of the two categories above, will be charged the following rates:
$150 per year for classrooms - up to 4 classrooms per visit and no more that 20 visits per year.
$300 per year for classrooms - up to 4 classrooms per visit that will exceed 20 visits per year.
Per Use / Per Hour:
$10 per hour per classroom
$20 per hour for use of the gymnasium or cafeteria.
Rates Effective July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009:
Custodial Staff: $28/per hour
Cook Staff: $21/per hour