Cass City Jr./Sr. High School
Cass City Jr. / Sr. High School serves grades 7 -12. The building was erected in 1967 and has 27 classrooms, three of which are computer labs, a library with a computer lab, a cafeteria, a gymnasium and various offices and work rooms.
The staff at Cass City Jr. / Sr. High School will continue to strive to provide the best educational settings for our students, staff, and community. We have many strategies that we believe have value, and we continue to develop these strategies. Specifically, the Effective Schools Model and the Student Achievement Model are followed. Both models have been validated by research studies over the past several years.
MISSION OF THE DISTRICT
All school personnel will accept the responsibility to provide the opportunity for all students to be productive in a global society.
VISION AND BELIEF STATEMENTS
The continuing goal of our District has been to set forth for Cass City's students to be lifelong learners who are productive members of society. They are expected to communicate effectively, respect others, and develop into tolerant and creative individuals.
- All students can learn.
- Students are the most important people in the school.
- All decisions should be made with the best interest of the students in mind.
- Learning is a lifelong process for everyone.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the home, school and community.
- Cooperation is more valuable to education than competition.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making are essential life skills.
- Every individual is unique, has value and deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Students learn best when they take responsibility for their learning and are actively involved in the learning process.
- Every person is entitled to live, work, and learn in a safe and orderly environment.