Just a reminder of when you should keep your child home from school:
• Fever: Child has a temperature of 100 degrees F. Child should not return until 24 hours of no fever, without fever reducing medications
• Diarrhea: Child has two loose or watery stools, even if no other sign of illness. The child should have no loose stools for 24 hours prior to returning to school. Exception: if a health care worker determined it is not infectious. Diarrhea can be caused from antibiotics or new foods.
• Vomiting: Child should have no vomiting episodes for 24 hours prior to returning to school
• Rash: The child develops a rash and has a fever or a change in behavior. Should stay home until rash subsides or healthcare provider determines it is not infectious.
• Drainage from eyes with pain, itching, or redness.
Please remind, teach, and encourage your child to wash their hands frequently. Washing hands should include soap and water with attention given to all parts of the hands and wrist. Don't forget those thumbs!! Wash for at least 20 seconds.
Hand washing as simple as it is, is one of the most effective ways to prevent illness and stay healthy!
There is a lot of information about Enterovirus D68 and Ebola. It is important to get your information from a reputable site. Here are links to trusted sites.
Parent information sheet on Enterovirus D68
More information about Enterovirus D68.